Inspired by Kottke – here’s a snapshot of the media that is currently feeding me:
- Watch: Tin Star (Sky Atlantic) – Binge watched this great series about a British cop played excellently by Tim Roth, who moves with his family to Canada for a quiet life. When tragedy strikes, his life takes an all too familiar path.
- Listen: Charlotte Gainsbourg / Rest (Spotify) – Fantastically lush electronica to support some great songwriting and vocal performances. Beautiful album.
- Read : Satya Nadella / Hit Refresh (Amazon) – Easy reading from the CEO of Microsoft, part biography, part business book, part manifesto on the future of technology.
- Watch: Mindhunter (Netflix) – Another binge watch, set in the early 70’s as the FBI begin research into serial killers. Features some great scenes as the team interview some of the most notorious names from the American crime psyche.
- Listen: Baxter Dury / Prince of Tears (Spotify) – Louche beats, laid back spoken vocals and a guest appearance from Justin Williamson (Sleaford Mods) make this a must listen album for the end of 2017.
- Read: Working Out Loud / John Stepper (Amazon) – Excellent book with some easy to read, practical advice on building better relationships that can benefit your career or any other area of life. Supported by an interesting blog here.
- Watch: The Deuce (Sky Atlantic) – Set around Time Square / 42nd Street in New York (known locally as The Deuce), this is a great series focusing on the prostitutes and pimps that inhabit the area in the early seventies. Starring James Franco in two roles, and Maggie Gyllenhaal as a prostitute turned pornographer.