I’m still travelling, so here are some interesting links I’ve been reading on my journey…
- The ever prescient Cal Newton talks about analog Social Media. Becoming more important to think about your online footprint. #socialmedia
- The BBC sound Effects library has been interesting for many years – I still have some of the vinyl albums around. Now the entire library has been digitised and made available. Have at it! #bbc #sfx
- Forget Cambridge Analytica – meet Palantir, it knows EVERYTHING about you. #palantir #privacy #data
- Meet the social media traders of Instagram. #socialmedia #instagram
- Marissa Meyer came up in conversation just last week – she still has plans for the Internet. #internet #yahoo
Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real.
– Niels Bohr
It’s a funny thing, my plane took off from Vancouver on Tuesday night – flew for fifteen hours, and I touched down in Sydney on Thursday morning. Someone stole a day.
The International Date Line is a strange thing, an arbitrary line where one side is Monday and the other is Tuesday. I looked it up.
It’s not straight. I’ll say so, it’s so crooked, it stole a day from me.
If you look it up, you’ll see it wiggles its way through the middle of the Pacific Ocean, dodging island groups and wending its way from pole to pole. I’d imagine it is quite carefully managed, it’s OK to have two nations separated by a day, but I’m sure you wouldn’t want your bathroom on Thursday and your kitchen in Friday, you’d never know when the sell-by date of anything was.
As my flight made its way to Sydney, I tried to work out if there was any advantage, any hack I could use to make the date change more advantageous.
However, I did all that thinking on Wednesday – and now it’s been stolen.
I’m still travelling, so here are some interesting links I’ve been reading in Toronto…
- Remember Deep Impact? It nearly happened at the weekend… and we didn’t even know. #armageddon #asteroid
- FOCUS! Ten ways to stay focused. #productivity #focus
- Whatever happened to the $100 laptop for education? Here’s how it didn’t pan out. #tech #education
- A UK parliament report on ethical AI – seems important at the moment as people question the edges of technology. #ai #parliament
Curating the web, the best links of the day. Sent from Toronto, whilst travelling.